Friday, January 7, 2011

Harry Potter, by J.K. Rowling


For many readers out there, this series is a favorite, read so many times your copy is dogeared and discolored. Others still haven't read it.... to those others YOU are missing out my friend.

Harry Potter was left orphaned at the tender age of 1, his parents murdered by the most evil wizard of all time. Left with his aunt & uncle and with no knowledge of the wizarding world, he endures, until he discovers that he is not only a wizard but a famous one.

Join Harry through 7 incredible tales of friendship, bravery, and suspense, filled with writing that is full of wit and emotion.

Through each book I was incredibly riveted and tied to the characters Rowling introduces. Each one has specific traits, they are relatable, and I found myself laughing with them, being angry on their behalf, and half-wishing that I could go along for the adventure myself. If you've already read this series I'm sure you'll agree it's worth rereading, and if you haven't I suggest picking up the first copy today.

1 comment:

Tamey said...

It's truly a wonderful thing when you read a book or watch a movie and come to actually care about the characters. I hate it when aren't able to make that connection. I loved these books!