Monday, May 23, 2011

Haven, by Kristi Cook


I'm worried about giving spoilers, because there are a lot of twists and turns in this book that were gasp-inducing. Things I did not expect at all. So, in an effort to let this book be as mysterious as it needs to be, I'll give you the official:

Violet doesn’t understand why she feels drawn to the Winterhaven School, she just knows it’s the right place for her. When she discovers the school’s secret, it all makes sense: everyone at Winterhaven has psychic gifts. For the first time in her life Violet doesn’t have to hide her visions. She’s always seen them as a curse, but now she can hone her ability and try to control it.
Violet’s never been able to prevent her visions from coming true. But this time she’ll do whatever it takes... even if it means sacrificing herself for the boy she loves.




The 'boy' she loves? Let's just say it's a liberal use of the word 'boy'.
Had I known what the book was really about I would have been much less inclined to read it.
I am SO very glad that I did.
It was a fresh take on a tired subject and this book had a dark and gloomy side that I adored.

No comments: