Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Thirst, by Christopher Pike


Alisa is the ultimate vampire, completely in control of her urges, feeding but not killing, living her opulent life in secret – no friends, no enemies, no one who knows she exists. But, someone knows she is alive, and is hunting her. The ultimate question of this book is – does she find out who it is? And, can she kill them, before they kill her?


This book has a love triangle in it (which I love), which seems to be the popular layout of books recently, but Pike writes in a way that is believable and completely original. Alisa is like no character I’ve ever met. She is heartless, cold, unforgiving. I found myself shocked at her lack of mercy and compassion. Shocked. But I was pleased that she stayed true to form throughout the book, definitely a strong character, and a strong story line.

No comments: