Friday, October 9, 2009

Devil's Kiss

Perfect Good vs. Evil story line about a girl named Biliquis a.k.a. Billi who is the first and only girl in the Knight's Templar. The Knight's Templar was a group -normally of 9 knights- Templar knights, in their distinctive white mantles with a red cross, were among the most skilled fighting units of the Crusades. In this book, they continue the tradition of watching over the Temple of Solomon and also, they help rid the world of evil. Fighting the never-ending battle against the Unholy. Billi is a Templar, a fighter. Kay, the boy she grew up with, and her friend, is the Oracle, who sees visions, reads minds, and can predict the future. This follows their struggle, the characters are well written, Billi is believable - she is fearless, sad, rebellious, everything a main character should be. I had no idea where the story was taking me. My inital suspicions were wrong, and as the plot built it was definitely a page-turner, keeping me on the edge of my seat. I look forward to reading the next one, The Dark Goddess which comes out fall 2010.

No comments: